Thursday, April 23, 2009

Login Using Windows Authentication

For sometimes I’ve been working with some project that requires the user to authenticate with windows authentication that is active directory. For you that already knows with ASP language is to using ServerVariables to grab the login information.

By calling the variables you can dig up some of your visitor identities


From w3schools I know how to implement them in my web pages, and the identities that I’ve been looking for also can be implemented. That is calling the username of a windows user.
But when I access the webpage I just get blank page, after googling for a while I get a solution to have a little configuration in IIS.
Right Click My Computer > Manage > Services and Application >Internet Information Services > web_folder or Run > mmc
Enable Anonymous access > Edit. And then uncheck anonymous access then check the basic authentication then select the appropriate active directory, click OK then Apply the new configuration. You will get an alert regarding this implementation is not secure since the login information that send to network is not encrypted, but this problem will disappear after implementing SSL, you can find the how-to
here

And then try to access the webpage you will get the pop-up window prompt for your network login information as you can see the capture




and done your webpage is already integrated with windows authentication. hope this useful.

No comments: