Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Migrating to LINUX

Need an Alternative with your usual Operating system, LINUX is the answer, very stable,faster and demand less resources. I m a newbie to this OS, here i just want to share the experience. recently for almost 2 weeks i get intense with Ubuntu OS in the office. you can find the appropriate Installation that suitable for you in their website, new releases are updates every six months so you can get newest and more stable releases. Actually I 've known linux since 2 years ago where my first installation is Suse 9.2 but It just time when i get addicted with gaming, so most of the time I just went to Windows and start the 'Engine'. In first met, we (me and linux) couldn't get along very well, it's just because I'm very used to windows and all the application installed with, such as Microsoft Office 2003, Macromedia Family, Adobe Family, etc. Now I can find similar application to those I'm usually use with Windows Machine, such as OpenOffice, Quanta+ or Aptana (Aptana is Dreamweaver Killer app. finally got successfully installed!! YES). and the best thing it cost you nothing, Free from viruses (until now). Supported by million OpenSource Communities, and fully Support TCP/IP. I think i'm gonna get along with this one, no need to worry about troubles that may come since its forum can answer all of my problems.

Ok thats all the words i want to share hope you can have one too.

Comments are open in both bahasa and English.

No comments: